Approval policies allow you to control whether or not the crew changes and timesheets submitted by your asset crews must be reviewed by shore. We recommend the "Shore Approval Required" setting because it allows your shore team to review anything submitted by your asset crews before it's added to the schedule and, subsequently, to payroll. However, you can select "No Approvals" instead if that setting is a better fit for your company.
To configure an approval policy
- Go to the Setup > Personnel > Approval Policies tab.
- From the Feature list, select either Crew Changes or Timesheets.
- From the two available options, select either No Approvals or Shore Approval Required.
- (Optional) You can add exceptions to the approval policy for specific asset types. To do so, do the following:
- Click Add Exception.
- From the Asset Type list, select the asset type the exception is for.
- From the two available options, either No Approvals or Shore Approval Required.
- Repeat these steps to add exceptions for additional asset types.
- Click Save Changes.
Interactions between Approval Policies and Timesheet Permissions
The approval policies you configure for your timesheets will be affected by permissions for the Onboard > Personnel > Timesheets tab. These timesheet permissions are added to user roles on the Setup > Users > Roles tab. They control what different types of users can do on the Timesheets tab and affect how those users can make changes to timesheets.
The table below summarizes how your timesheet approval policy will interact with the timesheet permissions.