Crew Scheduling: Submit a Timesheet Onboard
Timesheet entries are automatically generated when crew changes—either planned or unplanned—are completed onboard. A timesheet entry will exist for a crew member on any date they are onboard as a result of a crew change.
As an alternative to completing planned or unplanned crew changes, timesheets can also be entered directly onboard. Unlike unplanned (single) crew changes, which can't be submitted for future dates or for multiple crew members or crew groups at once, timesheets can be submitted up to one day in advance and for multiple crew members or crew groups at the same time.
To submit a timesheet onboard
- Go to the Onboard > Personnel > Timesheets tab.
- Scroll down to the Crew On section near the bottom of the screen. If it's hidden, click the double arrow icon to expand it.
- From the Crew list, select one or more crew members.
NoteTo select crew groups instead of crew members, click Pick Crew Groups to toggle the Crew field to a Crew Groups field, then select the name of one or more crew groups from the list.
- Use the Start fields to enter the start date and time.
- (Optional) Use the End fields to enter the end date and time.
NoteIf you don't enter an end date and time, the schedules will be forecasted based on the rotation types of the crew. You can crew them off later by adding an end date and time to their timesheets or using a crew change.
- (Optional) Select the Full Day check box to schedule them for the entire selected day.
- (Optional) Use the Override Position Group and Override Position fields to override the default position group and position. These changes will apply to all the selected crew members.
- (Optional) Fill out any remaining fields, such as Earning Code and Cost Center, as needed. These changes will apply to all the selected crew members.
NoteYou can edit the details for individual crew members by making changes to the logs above.
- (Optional) Click the Notes icon to add notes to the timesheet.
- Click Add to add the timesheets.
- Click Save in the upper right corner of the screen to submit the timesheets. By default, the timesheets will be submitted for shore approval.