Pay periods determine the interval at which you calculate payroll for your crews. Some common pay periods are monthly, semi-monthly, and bi-weekly. If you calculate payroll for different groups of crew at different intervals, you can configure these as different payroll groups.
Pay periods must be set up before payroll can be generated in a given date range. Pay periods can be created indefinitely into the future but, to avoid confusion, we recommend that you don’t create pay periods too far in advance.
To set up pay periods
- Go to the Setup > Payroll > Pay Periods tab.
- If you're using multiple payroll groups, use the Payroll Group list to select the one for which you're creating pay periods. If you're not using multiple payroll groups, go straight to the next step.
- From the Period list, select the period for which you'll be generating payroll.
- From the Period Start Day list, select the day of the month on which you want the period to start.
- Click in the After and Before fields and use the calendars to limit the date range for the pay periods to after a start date and before an end date.
- Click Create Pay Periods.
- In the confirmation message that displays, make sure the pay periods you're about to create look accurate, then click Create.