Crew Scheduling: Create Asset Custom Fields
If you need to track asset information for personnel scheduling that isn't captured by any of the stock fields, you can configure custom fields that will appear in the Asset Overview, Crew Changes, and Schedule tabs under Personnel > Schedule, as well in the Personnel section on the Details sub tab under Management > Assets. These custom fields will also be available in your reports.
To create an asset custom field for personnel scheduling
- Go to the Setup > Personnel > Asset Configuration tab.
- From the list of divisions on the right, select the division to which these custom fields will apply. Divisions lower in the hierarchy will inherit custom fields from the divisions above them.
- To add a custom field to the selected division, drag and drop a control type item, for example "Text" or "Number" from the left side of the tab onto the middle.
- From the Custom Fields list, do one of the following:
- Select the name of an existing custom field.
- Click + Custom Field to add a new custom field then, in the New Custom Field window, enter a name, a key (optional). If you selected a Select Box or Multi Box item in step 2, you must also select a data source and, depending on which data source you select, you may also need to enter additional information for that data source.
- (Optional) You can rearrange the order of the custom fields by clicking the handle icon to the left of its name and dragging it up or down in the list.
- Click Save Changes.