Crew Scheduling: Configure Cost Centers
Cost Centers allow you to keep track of where your resources (hours and dollars) are being allocated. Create multiple cost centers that can be selected each time a work period is added to the schedule. Select a default cost center that will be auto filled on all new work periods but can be overridden at any time.
To configure a cost center
- Go to the Setup > Payroll > Cost Centers tab.
- Click Edit.
- Click Add Cost Center.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the cost center.
- (Optional) In the Accounting Code field, enter an accounting code. This will enable you to export your payroll data or integrate it with an external accounting system so be sure it aligns with your other systems.
- (Optional) From the Requirement list, select one of the following options:
- Off Asset: This option will auto fill any work period with this cost center as "On shore"
- On Asset: This options will auto fill any work period with this cost center as "Onboard"
Note This setting allows you to report on the resources (hours and dollars) being allocated to "On shore" or "Onboard." If necessary, you can edit the work periods later to change "On shore" to "Onboard" or vice versa.
- (Optional) Add one or more sub cost centers by clicking Add Sub Cost Center.
- (Optional) Click Make Default to make the cost center or any of the sub cost centers the default for all your work periods.
- Click Save.