Planned crew changes are first planned on shore then published to your assets so your crew can complete them onboard. By default, completed crew changes will be sent back to shore for review before being approved on the schedule and for payroll.
Plan a Crew Change on Shore
A crew change can be used to crew people on, crew people off, or both.
To plan a crew change on shore
- Go to the Personnel > Schedule > Crew Changes tab.
- (Optional) From the Asset Group list, select an asset group to narrow down the assets that will be displayed in the Asset list.
- From the Asset list, select the asset the crew change for which you're making the crew change.
- Click New Crew Change.
- Use the Planned Date and Time fields to enter the planned date and time of the crew change.
NoteWhen the crew change is submitted by your crew, they'll enter the actual date and time of the crew change.
- To plan a crew on, do the following:
- (Optional) From the Trip Type list, select a trip type to populate the crew change with the manning requirement that have been configured for that trip type. You can manually adjust these requirements as needed.
- (Optional) From the Crew Group list, select a crew group to populate each position in the crew change with the members of that crew group. You can manually adjust the crew members and their positions as needed.
- (Optional) Click Add Position to add another position and to the crew change and select the name of the crew member to fill that positon.
- (Optional) Click the double arrow icon to the right of each position to enter more information about each position, such as cost center, payroll class, and any custom fields.
- To plan a crew off, do one of the following:
- Click Current Crew to crew off everyone who is onboard the asset right now (whether or not they crewed on during the previous crew change).
- Click Last Crew Change to crew off everyone who crewed on during the previous crew change.
- Use the Choose Crew Member or Choose Crew Member lists to manually select the crew members or crew groups you want to crew off.
- The following options apply to each crew member's entry on either a crew on and a crew off:
- (Optional) Use the Decline or Acknowledge icons to decline or acknowledge the crew change on behalf of a crew member.
- (Optional) Use the Notes icon to add notes about a crew member.
- (Optional) Click Save to save your progress without publishing the crew change to the crew. You'll be able to edit the crew change and publish it later.
- When you're ready to publish the crew change to the crew on the selected asset and make it available for them to complete, click Publish.
Complete Published Crew Change Onboard
Once a crew change has been published from shore to a selected asset, it becomes available for the crew on that asset to complete.
To complete a published crew change onboard
- Go to the Onboard > Personnel > Crew Changes tab.
- From the list of crew changes published to your asset, click the one you'd like to complete.
- Make any necessary changs to the crew change, such as adding or removing crew members.
- Enter crew on and crew off times and dates by doing one of the following:
- Use the Time and Date fields at the top of the crew change and then clicking Set All to apply the same date and time to all the crew members in the crew change.
- Use the Time and Date fields on each crew member's entry to enter unique times and dates for each person.
NoteIf you enter the time and date at the top and then click Set All, you can still modify the dates and times for any of the crew members.
- (Optional) Use the Notes icon on each crew member's entry to add notes about that crew member.
- Click Save. By default, the completed crew change will then be submitted for shore approval.