Report on Your Data
You can build reports in Helm CONNECT to view and share your data. You can also export your data as CSV files or PDF documents, or connect it to other tools, such as Microsoft Excel or Power BI.
Build a Report
To build a report, start by selecting the data source you want to use. Then, decide which columns to add or remove from the report and in which order you'd like them to appear. And finally, use the available filters, such as date ranges, to narrow the data you want to include in the report.
To build a report
- Go to the Reports > Reports > Reports tab.
- Click New Report.
- In the Name field, enter a name for your report.
- From the Data Source list, select the one you want to use.
Note The products your company subscribes to and your role-based permissions will affect which data sources are available in the list.
- From the list of available columns on the left, use the + and - icons to add and remove columns from the report. Under Column Order, drag columns up or down to change their position in the report.
Note The available columns will change depending on the data source you select. In addition, some data sources, such as Asset Utilization and Available Crew, have fixed columns, which means you don't have the option to add or remove columns. Data sources with fixed columns don't display a list of available columns on the left.
- Under Filters, use the available filters to narrow the data included in the report.
Note The available filters will change depending on the data source you select.
- When you're satisfied with your report, click Save Changes.
Convert Dates and Times to Your Local Time Zone
By default, the dates and times in your reports will either be displayed in the time zone in which they were created, or in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), depending on the field. However, many of our data sources give you the option to convert all the dates and times in a report to your local time zone.
Preview a Report
The Preview area displays the first 25 rows of your report. Some reports require you to click either the Update Preview or Save Changes button to load the preview initially, but this isn't necessary for reports with fixed or default columns.
If you make changes to a report—such as adding or removing columns or modifying the filters—you must click the Update Preview icon to see those changes reflected in the preview.
Column and Row Limits
We impose the following limits on the number of columns and rows in each report:
- Column limits: We limit reports to 40 columns. As soon as you open a new or existing report, it's easy to see the number of columns in your current report and whether you're approaching the limit. As soon as you reach 40 columns, you won't be able to add any more columns.
- Row limits: We limit most reports to 100,000 rows; however, we allow reports based on these data sources to have up to 200,000 rows: Parts, Parts History, Part Quantities, Vendor Part Prices, Forms, all the Checklists data sources, and all the Templates data sources. If you've exceeded the maximum number of rows and try to export the report as a PDF or a CSV, you'll see a warning.
Share a Report
You can share a report with other users in Helm CONNECT. Once you've shared it, the other users will see it listed on their Reports tabs with your name in the Owner column. They'll be able to open it and look at the contents, but they won't be able to modify it or share it with anyone else.