You can schedule maintenance checklist templates by calendar date/interval, cumulative reading types, or both. Whichever threshold occurs first will trigger the checklist to become due. For example, you can schedule an engine log checklist (where you track running hours for a critical component) to occur daily and schedule a separate maintenance routine checklist for that component to become due every three months or 1000 running hours. The two checklists work together so when you track the running hours in the daily engine log checklist, the system keeps track of that information and uses it to trigger the maintenance routine either when the component's running hours reach 1000 running hours, or when three months are up, whichever occurs first.
To schedule maintenance routines by both dates and readings
- Create a new template or edit an existing one on the Setup > Templates > Maintenance tab.
Click the Schedule field to display the Schedule window then choose from the following options:
- To schedule this template by date or calendar frequency, click the Date tab and fill out the details.
- To schedule this template by cumulative reading type value, click the Cumulative Readings tab and fill out the details.
- To schedule this template by calendar frequency and cumulative reading type, complete the details on both the Date and Cumulative Readings tabs. Whichever value is reached first will trigger the checklist to appear in your crew's To Do list. For example, you could schedule a maintenance routine to become due monthly or in 500 running hours, whichever occurs first.
- Click Save to close the Schedule window.
- Complete the rest of the information about the template then click Publish Draft or Save Draft, as appropriate.