To configure a vessel installation of Helm CONNECT from shore, use Fleet to enter all the information about the installation and create an installation key.
- From the main menu, under Setup, select Fleet.
- Click New.
- Under Node Configuration, enter the installation details:
- From the Vessel list, select the vessel the installation is for.
- In the Tag field, enter a description of the installation. For example, "Helm Valiant - Wheelhouse."
- In the Boat Login Password and the Repeat Password fields, enter a password for the vessel.
- Do one of the following:
- To use multi-user sign on for this installation, select the Multi User Sign On checkbox.
- To use shared sign on for this installation, leave the Multi User Sign On checkbox empty.
- Under Fleet Roles, select a role for the vessel.
NoteRemember, roles affect which features the logged in users on the vessel will have access to.
- Click Save Changes.
- Once you save your changes, you'll see a new installation key at the top of the screen. Copy the key somewhere safe. The person installing Helm CONNECT on the vessel will need it during the installation process.
- Repeat the steps above to configure an installation and a corresponding key for each vessel computer that needs to install Helm CONNECT.