Before you install Helm CONNECT, you can use the Fleet Installations tab to enter all the configuration details and create an installation key. Anyone with the key can then run a copy of the installer and enter the key when prompted without having to enter any configuration details and without needing permission to the Fleet Installations tab. The installer will validate the key and retrieve the configuration details from shore.
NoteInstallation keys are unique and can be used only once. You must configure a new installation key for each computer where you intend to install Helm CONNECT.
To create an installation key
- Go to Setup > Fleet > Fleet Installations.
- Click New.
- Under Node Configuration, enter the installation details:
- From the Asset list, select the asset the installation is for.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the installation. For example, "Helm Valiant - Wheelhouse."
- In the Asset Login Password and the Repeat Password fields, enter a password for the asset.
- Do one of the following:
- To configure the installation for multi-user sign on, select the Multi User Sign On checkbox.
- To configure the installation for shared sign on, leave the Multi User Sign On checkbox empty.
- From the Culture list, select the language for the installation.
NoteFor users who can log in with an email and password, language (culture) can also be set on the user's profile on the Setup > Users > Users tab.
- (Optional) To display the text you've typed into the Description field on the local installation, select the Display Description on the Installation check box.
- Under Fleet Roles, select a role for the asset.
NoteRemember, roles affect which features the logged in users on the asset will have access to.
- Click Save Changes.
- Click Save Changes.You'll see a new installation key at the top of the screen.
- Copy the key somewhere safe. The person installing Helm CONNECT on the asset will need it during the installation process.