To configure a local installation of Helm CONNECT for an asset from shore, use Setup > Fleet to enter all the information about the installation and create an installation key.
- From the main menu, under Setup, select Fleet.
- Click New.
- Under Node Configuration, enter the installation details:
- From the Asset list, select the asset the installation is for.
- In the Description field, enter a description of the installation. For example, "Helm Valiant - Wheelhouse."
- In the Asset Login Password and the Repeat Password fields, enter a password for the asset.
- Do one of the following:
- To configure the installation for multi-user sign on, select the Multi User Sign On checkbox.
- To configure the installation for shared sign on, leave the Multi User Sign On checkbox empty.
- (Optional) To set a specific language for the local installation interface, select the required language from the Culture list.
NoteLanguage/culture can also be set in a user's profile under Setup > Users. This works only for users who can log in with an email and password.
- (Optional) To display the text you've typed into the Description field on the local installation, select the Display Description on the Installation check box.
- Under Fleet Roles, select a role for the asset.
NoteRemember, roles affect which features the logged in users on the asset will have access to.
- Click Save Changes.
- Once you save your changes, you'll see a new installation key at the top of the screen. Copy the key somewhere safe. The person installing Helm CONNECT on the asset will need it during the installation process.
- Repeat the steps above to configure an installation and a corresponding key for each asset computer that needs to install Helm CONNECT.