This release contains the following new features.
We added a new area on the menu called Compliance.
New Forms item on the menu
In the new Compliance area on the menu, we introduced the Forms module. This provides users with a library of the forms available for the shore. From here, shoreside teams can review and approve forms that were sent from the vessel, as well as review, complete, and approve shoreside forms.
We added a new area on the menu called Reports.
Export work history to Microsoft Excel
In the new Reports area on the menu, we introduced Excel Exports. This powerful reporting tool allows users to export a list of completed work or open tasks for a specific date range.
We added the following new features in the Setup area.
New tab for forms templates
A new Forms tab in the Templates module allows shore personnel to create form templates for their shore and vessel-based teams.
New tab for custom fields
A new Custom Fields tab in the Operations module allows you to edit or delete custom fields that were added elsewhere in the system.
This release contains the following enhancements.
We made the following enhancements throughout Helm CONNECT.
Improved data control with divisions
You can now use divisions to control the data your shore and vessel-based teams can access within Helm CONNECT.
More options for vessel sign on
You now have two different ways for your crew to sign on to the installed versions of Helm CONNECT on your vessels and other assets:
- You can assign a password to the vessel itself and require all crew members to sign on with that password (shared sign on). With this option, all users will share the level of access that was assigned to the vessel.
- You can allow each crew member to sign on with his or her own email and password (multi-user sign on). With this option, you can assign different levels of access to different groups of vessel users.
Tab-level control for access to features
You can now use role-based permissions to control your users’ access to features in Helm CONNECT, right down to the tab level.
Control over who can assign or be assigned maintenance tasks
You can now control who can assign or be assigned all three types of maintenance tasks (shore, vessel, or dry dock):
- You can use role-based permissions to control which groups of users are allowed to assign the different types of maintenance tasks to individuals.
- You can use position-based permissions to control which groups of users can be assigned the different types of maintenance tasks.
New look for lists
We continue to improve the layout and visual appeal of our product with a new design for all our lists. The new look is clean, simple, and less cluttered, and performs well at lower resolutions.
For consistency, we replaced the term "action item" throughout Helm CONNECT with the term "task."
We made the following enhancements in the Onboard area.
Control auto refresh for the To Do list
Above the To Do list, a new checkbox allows you to turn auto refresh on or off. When it's on, the content of the list will be refreshed every five minutes; when it's off, the crew must click the Refresh icon to see new content.
On Demand group in To Do list
In the To Do list, on demand checklists now appear in the new On Demand group.
Consistent windows for tasks and failed items
We replaced the various windows we had for working with tasks and failing an item with a single, improved window.
New look for checklist rows
Checklist rows have a new, clean look.
New design for Task Log
The Task Log has been renamed Log, and redesigned to place a greater emphasis on the date and time of finished work.
Improvements to History filters
We improved the filters on the History tab:
- We added a new filter that allows you to display only items that are related to essential systems.
- If you apply any filters, the system will remember which filters you applied until you manually clear them.
Simplified requisition templates
When using a requisition template, you no longer have to manually delete any unnecessary line items before saving the new requisition. Instead, a message reminds you that you left some of the quantities empty, and asks if you'd like to remove those line items from the requisition.
We made the following enhancements in the Maintenance area.
More efficient workspace
In the Details tab, we moved many of the filters to the left side of the workspace and made them collapsible.
Complete inspections and maintenance checklists
From the Details tab, you can now complete inspections and maintenance checklists for your vessels.
Filters settings saved
On all three tabs in the Overview module, the system will remember any filters you apply until you manually clear them.
Indicate who created a task
On the Details tab, when you create a new task, you must now indicate who created it.
Icons for notes and attachments
On the Details tab, new icons indicate whether each item in the list has any notes or attachments.
History filter for essential systems
On the History tab, we added a new filter that allows you to display only items that are related to essential systems.
We made the following enhancements in the Management area.
Improved asset management
We improved the way you manage your assets:
- We removed the Vessels module from the Setup area, and moved all the features for building a new asset and managing its components to the Assets module in the Management area.
- You can now build a component structure for your assets that consists of up to 15 levels.
- You are no longer limited to using the default component types we provide. You can now modify any of the default component types or add your own custom component types.
- On the Details tab, you can now add your own custom fields to an asset's file. Any custom fields you add for one asset will also be available for all your assets.
Notifications for essential systems
The responsible parties for assets will now receive email notifications when the following events occur:
- When a high priority task is added for an essential system.
- When a high priority task for an essential system is updated or closed.
Improved personnel management
We improved the way you manage your personnel:
- We moved the features related to managing users' access to Helm CONNECT out of the Personnel module and into theUsers module in the Setup area on the menu.
- On the Personnel tab, we added a new Details sub tab to help you manage each person's personal information.
- On the Details tab, you can now add your own custom fields to a person's file. Any custom fields you add for one person will also be available for all your personnel.
We made the following enhancements in the Setup area.
Improvements to maintenance templates
We added several new options to maintenance templates:
- You can now build maintenance templates to track running hours and readings.
- When adding readings items to a maintenance template, you now have the option to add your own custom reading types and units.
- You can now build maintenance templates with a frequency based on a date, on running hours, or on both.
- You can now add a Fail/Pass item to a maintenance template.
Improved user management
We moved the features related to managing each person's personal information from the Users module in the Setup area to thePersonnel module in the Management area. You'll find this information on the Personnel tab on the new Details sub tab in Personnel.