In Helm CONNECT, we base the format of your dates and numbers on your browser settings. Internet Explorer inherits these settings from the format you set in Windows, and Chrome bases them on your language settings within Chrome itself.
Which formats does Helm CONNECT support?
Helm CONNECT Jobs
In all areas related to Helm CONNECT Jobs—including the Jobs menu and the Jobs-specific features on the Onboard and Setup menus—we provide the following support for dates and numbers:
- Dates We support a number of date and number formats in both Chrome and Internet Explorer, and support the use of decimals and hyphens as separators, as well as slashes.
- Numbers We support the use of both commas and periods as decimals. The only exception is in the formula fields for tariffs and contracts. Because some functions use commas, these fields must always use decimals as periods, regardless of your browser settings.
NoteFor a list of the date and number formats we currently support in Helm CONNECT Jobs, please take a look at this FAQ.
Helm CONNECT Maintenance, Helm CONNECT Compliance, Helm CONNECT Personnel
In Helm CONNECT Maintenance, Helm CONNECT Compliance, and Helm CONNECT Personnel, we provide the following support for dates and numbers:
- Dates If your format is English, English (World), or English (United States) your dates will display as MM/DD/YYYY. If you use any other format, your dates will display as DD/MM/YYYY.
- Numbers We currently support only the use of periods as decimals, not commas.
How do you change your date and number format?
To change your date and number format in Chrome
- Open a tab in Chrome.
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon (three vertical dots) then click Settings.
- On the Settings tab, scroll down to the bottom then click Advanced to display more options.
- Under Languages, click Language to display more options.
- If the language you want isn't in the list, click Add languages.
- From the list, select the language you'd like to add, then click Add.
- Under Order languages based on your preference, click the More action icon (three vertical dots) to the right of the language you want to use, then click Move to the top.
- Close the Settings tab.
- For your changes to take effect, you can either close and re-open the browser or fully refresh the browser by pressing Ctrl+F5.
To change your date and number format in Internet Explorer
Go to Control Panel > Region and Language > Change the date, time, or number format.
In the Region window (Region and Language window in Windows 7), click the Formats tab.
From the Format list, select the format you want to use, then click OK.
Need more help?
Over the next few releases, we're adding more support for dates and numbers to Helm CONNECT Maintenance, Helm CONNECT Compliance, and Helm CONNECT Personnel. However, until we're done with these changes, some of your dates may not display exactly as you expect. As always, if you have any questions, please contact our Support team.