In Helm CONNECT, we base the format of your dates on your browser language settings. Internet Explorer inherits these settings from the language format you set in Windows and Chrome bases them on your language settings within Chrome itself.
NoteWe handle number formats in Helm CONNECT differently than date formats. To learn more, check out this article.
We support a number of date formats in both Chrome and Internet Explorer, and support the use of decimals, hyphens, and slashes as separators.
How do you change your date format?
To change your date format you must change your browser language settings.
To change the settings in Chrome
- Open a tab in Chrome.
- In the header area, click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon (three vertical dots) then click Settings.
- On the Settings tab, scroll down to the bottom, then click Advanced to display more options.
- Under Languages, click Language to display more options.
- If the language you want isn't in the list, click Add languages.
- From the list, select the language you'd like to add, then click Add.
- Under Order languages based on your preference, click the More action icon (three vertical dots) to the right of the language you want to use, then click Move to the top.
- Close the Settings tab.
- For your changes to take effect, you can either close and re-open the browser or fully refresh the browser by pressing Ctrl+F5.
To change the settings in Internet Explorer
Go to Control Panel > Region and Language > Change date, time, or number formats.
In the Region window (Region and Language window in Windows 7), click the Formats tab.
From the Format list, select the language format you want to use, then click OK.