If you need to reinstall a local installation of Helm CONNECT on an asset, there are two parts to the process. You will have to remove the existing installation, then reinstall Helm CONNECT.
Uninstall Helm CONNECT from an asset computer
Important NoteIf you suspect that there has been data entered on a local installation on an asset after the asset’s last contacted date in Setup > Fleet, please contact Helm Support so we can help you sync the data with Helm CONNECT on shore.
To uninstall Helm CONNECT
- From the Windows Start menu (Windows 7 or Windows 10) or the Windows Start screen (Windows 8), search for "Add or remove programs."
- From the list of programs, right-click Helm CONNECT and select Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the steps in the uninstall wizard.
Install Helm CONNECT on an asset computer
Before installing Helm CONNECT, make sure you have a copy of the installer program and the unique installation key for this particular local installation. The installation key is generated by your system administrator.
To install Helm CONNECT
- Run the installer. If you're not already running your computer as an administrator, you may be prompted to go to administrator permissions during the installation.
- When prompted, enter the installation key and click Apply Key.
- Once the installation is complete, click Open Helm CONNECT.
- Do one of the following:
- If the local installation is configured to use shared sign on, then enter the asset password and click Login.
- If the local installation is configured to use multi-user sign on, then enter your email and password and click Login.