If you need to reinstall a local installation of Helm CONNECT on an asset, there are two parts to the process. You will have to remove the existing installation, then reinstall Helm CONNECT.
Uninstall from a vessel computer
Important NoteIf you suspect that there has been data entered on a local installation on an asset since the asset’s last contacted date in Setup > Fleet, contact Helm Support so they can help sync the data with Helm CONNECT on shore.
- From the Windows Start menu (Windows 7 or Windows 10) or the Windows Start screen (Windows 8), search for "Add or remove programs."
- From the list of programs, right-click Helm CONNECT and select Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the steps in the uninstall wizard.
Install Helm CONNECT
Before installing Helm CONNECT, make sure you have a copy of the installer program and the unique installation key for this particular local installation. The installation key is generated by your system administrator.
- Run the installer.
- When prompted, enter the installation key and click Apply Key.
- Once the installation is complete, click Open Helm CONNECT.
- Do one of the following:
- If the local installation is configured to use shared sign on, then enter the asset password and click Login.
- If the local installation is configured to use multi-user sign on, then enter your email and password and click Login.