The Engineering page is a sophisticated alerting system that tracks the performance of the components on all your assets.
- Permanently set filter: Only includes items completed in the last 365 days.
The slicers help you filter and sort the data on the page so you see only what you need.
- Press Ctrl and click to select multiple items in a list.
- If no items are selected from a particular list, data will be displayed for all the items in that list.
- Based on the Asset Name field from Helm CONNECT.
- Only a single asset can be selected at one time; this restriction is in place because the dashboard only works from a single asset perspective. Without this restriction, numbers would be summed and wouldn't make any sense.
- Includes a search bar.
- Based on the Template Item Description field from Helm CONNECT.
- Filters the Readings table.
- Includes a search bar.
- Based on the Component Name field from Helm CONNECT.
- Includes a search bar.
- Based on the Critical System field from Helm CONNECT.
- Provides Yes and No options.
- Click this button to clear all applied filters.
The KPI cards summarize the performance on the page. They can be filtered by the slicers.
Asset Name & Dry Dock Info
- Displays the name of the currently selected asset and the following dry dock information about that asset:
- No Recorded Dry Dock: Displays if there's no dry dock data.
- Next Dry Dock (Dates): Displays if there's a scheduled upcoming dry dock.
- Last Dry Dock (Dates): Displays if there's no scheduled upcoming dry dock.
- Current Dry Dock: (Dates): Displays if the selected asset is currently in dry dock.
- The Dry Dock information comes from the Event Logs data source. [Event Type Name] = "Out of Service".
Next Predicted Maintenance
- Lists predicated upcoming routines. If a routine occurred in the last 365 days, it displays when the next predicted iteration of that routine will occur.
- Displays only one item at time, including the component name, the routine, and the predicted date.
- First item in the list is the next predicted maintenance routine for a specific component; scroll through the list to see the other items.
- Prediction is based on these factors:
- Calculates how many hours are left until the next routine then, based on the average daily running hours, calculates how many days it will take to reach that next routine threshold. For example, if there have been 455 hours since the last 500-hour routine and the average daily running hours is 5 hours, then the next 500-hour routine will be predicted to be 9 days from today.
- If the asset starts running fewer hours in a day then the calculation will adjust accordingly.
- Calculation takes past or future schedule dry docks into account.
Fuel On Board
- Based on the last cumulative reading for fuel.
- Units are the same as the units entered in Helm CONNECT.
- Hover over the card to display a tool tip showing a breakdown of all components that have a recorded fuel reading and the last date the fuel reading was taken.
Lube On Board
- Based on the last cumulative reading for lube.
- Units are the same as the units entered in Helm CONNECT
- Hover over the card to display a tool tip showing a breakdown of all components that have a recorded lube reading and the last date the lube reading was taken.
Visualizations and Tables
NoteTo export data to a CSV file:
- Hover over the visualization and click the “…” button that appears.
- From the drop-down menu, select Export data.
Main Components (Total Running Hours)
- Displays the following columns:
- Component: All components for which cumulative readings are tracked and/or have an "Alert".
- Current Hours: The last recorded cumulative reading for each component's running hours.
- Reading: If a component has at least one reading that was out of range the cell will display as red. Also displays the total number of readings that were out of range for that component.
- Open Item: If a component has at least one open item attached to it the cell will display as orange. Also displays the total number of open items for that component.
- Upcoming Routine: If a component has a maintenance routine due in 80 hours or less the table cell will display as yellow. Also displays the total number of upcoming routines for that component.
- Hover over any component row to display a tooltip table for that component that displays the following for each maintenance routine:
- Average daily running hours
- Current running hours
- Date of the last daily check.
- Hours recorded at the last maintenance routine.
- Date of the last maintenance routine.
- Running hours at which the next maintenance routine is due.
- Predicted date of the next maintenance routine.
- Right click any component row then click the Item Details tab to view the details for all open and closed items for that component on that asset.
- Broken out into components and the readings that fall under each component.
- Readings are based on the last recorded date for each reading in the system.
- If a reading has a range in Helm CONNECT the minimum and maximum for the range will display in the Min and Max columns surrounding the actual reading.
- If a reading falls between the minimum and maximum, it's considered in range and the table cell will display as green.
- If a reading falls outside the minimum and maximum, it's considered out of range and the table cell will display as red.
- If a reading has no range in the system the table cell will always display as green.
- Hover over a reading to display a historical line graph in a tooltip that displays:
- All recorded readings over time.
- The minimum and maximum for that reading, if applicable.
- The average for the reading.
- The date of the last reading (in the title).
- Displays the sum of all alerts for each alert type across all components on the asset.
- The color scheme is tied directly to the color scheme in the Main Components table:
- Orange: Open Item
- Red: Reading
- Yellow: Upcoming Routine
- Right click the Open Item (orange) section then click the Item Details tab to view the specific details for the open component-related items on the selected asset.
- Displays the total number of items completed for each component on the selected asset.
- Right click a data bar then click the Item Details tab to view all closed item details for that component and work type.
Next Predicted Maintenance Routine
- Displays all components with recorded running hours and the dates of their next predicted routines.
- If a routine is due in <= 80 hours then it will be yellow (“Upcoming”). If a routine is due in > 80 hours then it will be green.
- A black vertical bar on the graph signifies today’s date.
- Hover over a data point to show a tooltip that displays:
- Maintenance Routine frequency.
- Actual date of predicted maintenance routine.