Work periods have a number of stock fields, such as Position, Cost Center, etc. If there's information you need to track that isn't addressed by any of the stock fields, you can configure your own schedule custom fields. Data entered into these custom fields can be used in your payroll schemes to generate payroll automatically. These custom fields will also be available in your reports.
To configure a schedule custom field
- Go to the Setup > Personnel > Schedule Custom Fields tab.
- Click New Custom Field.
- In the New Custom Field window, enter the following information:
- In the Name field, enter a name for the custom field, for example, "Shift Differential."
- (Optional) In the Key field, we recommend adding a key by using the name of the custom field without spaces or capital letters. For example, "shiftdifferential."
- From the Control Type list, select the type of field you'd like it to be, such as a text or date field. If you choose Select Box or Multi Select Box, you'll also be able to select options from existing data source or define your own custom options.
- Click Save Changes.
- Repeat the steps above to add additional schedule custom fields.