You can create custom rules that will help you see at a glance when your crew aren't getting sufficient rest. When a rule has been broken, the impacted cells will turn red on the Work Rest grid. By default, a rule will apply to all crew members, however, you can also use rule groups to apply it to specific crew members instead.
NoteRules use a rolling period of time, which means that the time period can span more than one day. For example, a 24 hour period would be from noon today until noon tomorrow as well as from noon today back to noon yesterday.
To add a rule
- On the Personnel > Schedule > Work Rest tab, click the Settings button to display the Settings window.
- From the menu bar on the left, click Work Rest Rules.
- Depending on the type of rule you want to add, click ADD RULE in either the Work Rules or Rest Rules section.
- Enter the details about the rule into the appropriate fields.
- (Optional) Use the Rule Groups field to select the rule group or groups to which the rule should apply.
NoteIf you don't select any rule groups, the rule will apply to all crew members.
- Click Save.