Extra pay rules help capture any additional pay for a work period. Some examples could be travel pay, per diem pay, short man pay, or lock pay.
All the conditions that apply to an extra pay rule must be met for that rule to be triggered. However, unlike rate rules, multiple extra pay rules can be triggered by a single work period, which means that the order in which they appear is not important.
To add an extra pay rule
- On the Setup > Payroll > Payroll Schemes tab, select the payroll scheme you want to modify, then click Edit.
- Click Add Extra Pay.
- (Optional) Under Effective, enter a start or end date, or both.
- To add the first condition, click Add Condition then click Select a field to display a list of options. Configure the condition as needed.
- (Optional) To add another condition, repeat Step 4.
- On the right side of the rule, configure the output by completing the following fields:
- Earning Code: Select the earning code that should apply to any pay triggered by this rule.
- Rate: Enter the rate that should be triggered by this rule or select the Use earning code check box to use the rate for the earning code.
- Quantity: Select one of these options:
- Flat: Any work period that triggers this rule will receive the rate indicated above.
- Hourly: The rate will be multiplied by the number of hours in the work period.
- Amount: The rate will be multiplied by the work period amount.
- Description: This will appear on the Payroll Details tab and in any reports or exported payroll data.
- Click Save Changes.