In Onboard > Logs, you can quickly log a task that isn't already in your To Do list.
To log a new task
- Go to Onboard > Logs and click the tab for your work space.
- Click Log a new task.
- Click Log Task.
- Enter the task details:
- Complete the Description field. Provide clear and complete information about what needs to be done.
- Select a Severity level. Yellow is the least severe and red is the most severe.
- (Optional) In the Tags field, add existing tags or create new ones. Tags are useful for filtering and reporting.
- From the Created by list, select your name.
- (Optional) From the Location list, select the location where this task should be completed.
- (On shore only) From the Asset list, select the asset or assets you want to assign this task to.
- (Optional) From the Component list, select which component this task relates to.
- From the Show in list, select the work space where this task will display.
- In the Plan section, from the Assign to list, select whether the item should be finished on Shore, on the Asset, or during the next Dry Dock.
Note If you select Asset or Dry Dock from the Assign to list, the status of the item will immediately change to Planned. If you select Shore, you must also set a due date and choose either an assignee or a vendor before the status will change to Planned.
- (Optional) In the Scheduled field, select a scheduled date.
Note If you select a scheduled date that is later than the due date, you'll have to enter a note to explain why.
- (Optional) In the Due field, select a due date.
Note When you leave the Due field blank, the task is considered unscheduled and will not become overdue.
- (Optional) From the Assignee list, select the name of the person or persons assigned to complete the task. This person will receive an email notification for this item.
- (Optional) From the Vendors list, select a specific vendor or vendors to complete the task.
- (Optional) To track any parts you used, click Parts Used, select the part, and enter the quantity used.
- (Optional) To add a note, click Notes.
- (Optional) To attach a file, click Attachments.
- (Optional) To link a document to this item, click More, then click Linked Documents. For more about linking documents to work items, check out this article.
- Click Create Task.