In Onboard > Logs, you can quickly log a task that isn't already in your To Do list.
To log a new task
- Click Log a new task.
- Add the following details:
- Complete the Description field.
- Select a Severity level. Yellow is the least severe and red is the most severe.
- (Optional) In the Tags field, add an existing tag or create a new one.
- From the Created by list, select your name.
- (Optional) From the Location list, select the location where this task should be completed.
- From the Asset list, select the asset this task is for.
Note If you're working in a local installation of Helm CONNECT, you don't need this step because your asset is already selected.
- (Optional) From the Component list, select which component this task relates to.
- From the Show in list, select which space in Logs will see this task in their To Do list.
- In the Plan section, from the Assign to list, select whether the item should be finished on Shore, on the Asset, or during the next Dry Dock.
Note If you select Asset or Dry Dock from the Assign to list, the status of the item will immediately change to Planned. If you select Shore, you must also set a due date and choose either an assignee or a vendor before the status will change to Planned.
- (Optional) To add a note, click Notes.
- (Optional) To attach a file, click Attachments.
- (Optional if you have the Documents module) To link a document to this task, click More, then click Linked Documents. For more information about linking documents to work items, see this article.
- Click Create Task to create the task.