In Helm CONNECT you can assign a role to the approval sections on your forms so they can only be completed by users with specific roles. For example, you could add an approval section that can only be completed by one of your port captains. Keep in mind that role-based approvals are optional. You can assign an approval role when you create the form template, or later, if your requirements for that form change.
Note If there are forms in progress based on a template that you change, your changes won't take effect until those forms are finished.
To assign a role to a form approval section
- From the Setup menu, select Templates.
- Click the Forms tab.
- From the list, select the form you want to edit, then click Edit.
- To add a new approval category, select one from the list on the left, and drag it onto your template. If you already have an approval category you want to use, go to the next step.
- In the approval category, select a role from the list of available roles. Remember, this list is based on the roles you already entered on the Setup > Users > Roles tab.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each approval category you want to assign.
- When you're finished, click Publish.