In Version 1.10 of Helm CONNECT, you can now assign a role to the approval sections on your forms so they can only be completed by users with specific roles. For example, you could add an approval section that can only be completed by one of your port captains. Keep in mind that role-based approvals are optional. If you already had some forms with approval sections prior to Version 1.10 you can choose whether or not you'd like to assign roles to any of them, as described in the steps below.
To assign a role to an approval section
- From the Setup menu, select Templates.
- Click the Forms tab.
- From the list, select the form you want to edit, then click Edit.
- To add a new approval category, select one from the list on the left, and drag it onto your template. If you already have an approval category you want to use, go to the next step.
- In the approval category, select a role from the list of available roles. Remember, this list is based on the roles you already entered on the Roles tab in Users, on the Setup menu.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each approval category you want to assign.
- When you're finished, click Publish.