If the text in your PDFs seems “choppy” or is missing pieces of characters (as shown in the screenshot below), you may be experiencing a text rendering issue that can occur if you’re using a combination of the following:
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome
- The Intel UHD or Intel Iris Xe Graphics driver (the Intel Iris Xe Graphics driver versions that encounter this issue are 126.96.36.19922 and 188.8.131.5216)
To address this issue, we suggest you turn off your browser’s “Use hardware acceleration when available” setting.
To turn off the “Use hardware acceleration when available” setting
As these steps will restart your browser, make sure you save any pending work in Helm CONNECT or other browser tabs before continuing.
- Open Settings in your browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge).
- In the search menu, enter accel to find the “Use hardware acceleration when available” setting, then turn it off.
- Click Relaunch to restart your browser.
- In Helm CONNECT, confirm that the text rendering issue has been addressed.